An Instrument For All
Natural movement or exercise - Printable Version

+- An Instrument For All (http://aifaforum.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (http://aifaforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General (http://aifaforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Natural movement or exercise (/showthread.php?tid=1973)

Natural movement or exercise - carnivore - 04-14-2017

I grew up with a father that played sports, and taught gym class, my brother sprints and weight trains, he was also a trainer, my step family also worked out and played sports. I didn't do any of those things until I was 20, or so. I still have zero interest in sports..... but I've been lifting off and on for 14 years. In my persuit of health I've notice do yhat lots of heavy lifting isn't optimal.... movements, walking, crawling, climbing...(natural movements& hunting skills) seem to be best to for us. Do any of you practice lifting, movement, gymnastics, or parkour?

RE: Natural movement or exercise - Sv3rige - 04-15-2017

I do lift heavy weights because I always liked it but I wouldn't recommend it in general. Even though I don't believe that it's necessarily harmful, it's also not healthy.
Climbing is pretty normal, sprinting, crawling also as you say.

RE: Natural movement or exercise - carnivore - 04-15-2017

(04-15-2017, 01:31 AM)Sv3rige Wrote: I do lift heavy weights because I always liked it but I wouldn't recommend it in general. Even though I don't believe that it's necessarily harmful, it's also not healthy.
Climbing is pretty normal, sprinting, crawling also as you say.

I also lift. I do kettlebells and body weight with a weighted vest. I try to climb and crawl as well. I also have three children, so I lift less often these days. Luckily I have a physical jo as a butcher... so that keeps me strong. Carrying around pigs and 1/4 cows will do that lol. 
I have a question for you. Do you focus on any specific meats or fat ratios with your lifting? I don't. I just try to eat 3-4 lbs of rare meat per day. Not raw yet.... just organs raw as of now

RE: Natural movement or exercise - Sv3rige - 04-16-2017

That's cool Big Grin What kinda butchery is it?
No. I eat as much as I feel like eating and add butter when I crave more fat.

RE: Natural movement or exercise - carnivore - 04-16-2017

(04-16-2017, 07:23 PM)Sv3rige Wrote: That's cool Big Grin What kinda butchery is it?
No. I eat as much as I feel like eating and add butter when I crave more fat.

At my store we do full animal butchery. My boss is a farmer, that raises cows, lambs, and pigs. He raises them without any medicine or drugs, and the graze on the pasture (grass fed). He has them slaughtered, and brought to the butcher shop, where we cut the whole animal into Steaks, roasts, stew, burger and special cuts. We also get all of the organs fresh (whichever I cut pieces off and eat raw) it's pretty pretty neat

We also do goat and poultry. I don't eat the pork or poultry raw. I don't eat that much pork in general.
We also cure and smoke out of meats, and handmake sausage. I love this job. I feel like I'm helping people with healthy food. I used to be a professional chef, but changed carreers after learning about real health food. I realized I was hurting the people I was feeding (my family included) and made a drastic change.... I couldn't be happier. My wife is not a vegetarian anymore, And eats mostly meat, and my kids eat mostly meat too. They carbs they eat are leafy greens and lower carb foods.

RE: Natural movement or exercise - Sv3rige - 04-17-2017

That sounds like an awesome job and your family is lucky to have you Wink