Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Mentality
09-07-2013, 12:06 PM,
Your Mentality
I don't consider myself to be awakened in any sense of the term. Instead, I view myself as a human that's just more aware of what's going on than most others (more or less, the 0.01% of the 0.09%) and still has a long way to go. I've followed and genuinely believed disinformation to be true before, and I'm not ashamed to admit that. At this point in time, my mentality is more or less like this:
  • No amount of information can ever change the fact that I truly know not if the Illuminati exists. Even if Evelyn Robert de Rothschild himself comes out of the blue to my house and says he's a Satanist and the Illuminati does exist, I know not if he's lying. With that logic, what we know is simply a matter of trusting our sources to be true (and it technically is).

• I've no qualms about playing video games, watching television programmes, going to the theatre, or going to pop concerts/shows with my friends. The way I see it is something I did of my own accord. It doesn't matter how much brainwashing or subconscious programming I've been put through in my younger years. From birth, upbringing, and in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different. I'm the one that chose to be obsessive with popcore back in high school. I chose to watch TV, rather than play with friends outside and the like. Unless Bill Gates himself held a shotgun to my head and threatened me with my life to do this or do that, I'm the one who ultimately made the decisions that brought me to where I am now. I just simply go out and enjoy life more. Rather than playing GTA V or watching Dexter, I just go outside, walk, and talk to people in the local nature park. I also watch more films by the likes of Tsai Ming-liang, Lee Kang-sheng, and Abbas Kiarostami and listen to more diverse music. I've also found a lot of the mallcore bands I've listened to a lot less palatable than they used to be.

So what's your mentality like?
09-08-2013, 05:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2013, 05:40 PM by Dawning.)
RE: Your Mentality
I consider myself aware but not all the way awake.
I'm a sad & lonely person for the most part; I've had a more difficult life than most in the first world and instead of getting over it, I spend a lot of time feeling sorry for myself. When I went to school I was the weird kid at the back on the class that doesn't say anything.

I'm in the minority in pretty much every aspect of my life; I'm a 17 year old pansexual (which most don't understand) who struggles to connect emotionally with people because I don't seem to have much in common with them.
People ask me what music I like and I can't say "everything good", I can't say emo/screamo because they will think of My Chemical Romance and I don't wanna give someone a lesson on emo every time. I can't say The Pine and Tokyo Shoegazer because they will not know who they are, and I can't say "you've never heard of it" because I sound like a brainwashed person following the hipster trend.
I don't watch Television and the films I watch are obscure, too so I have nothing to talk about with 99% of people. I'm interested in talking about the human soul, not the football game or drinking weekends.

I believe there are people in power, and the Illuminati is just a convenient label for us to put on whoever they are. I don't think it matters much who, but you can see symbolism everywhere these days you don't even have to look for it.
This year I have really connected with my spiritual side and nature, which previously I've neglected completely.

As for what you said about doing these "spiritually damaging" things of your own accord, I disagree. I believe you (and everyone) play videogames, watch Television, listened to mallcore etc because of brainwashing and you think it's you deciding.

That's my mentality.
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
09-08-2013, 06:29 PM,
That would be hard to put in words for me.

It's good that you can admit that Togusa.
Just to clearly understand your 2nd point. Are you saying that because of free will you did all of those things? Because when talking about those kind of things the point is usually that you've been influenced to do it, not that it was actually not you doing it but then also the question is do you see yourself as your body or your soul (or both)?
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
09-08-2013, 08:18 PM,
Well, I'm not ashamed to admit that. As for what I see myself as . . . it's a complex story. I never really think about how I see myself spiritually. Most of the time, when I see myself I only see my body. Very rarely do I have genuine spiritual experiences. My maternal grandmother, who was a devout Sikh used to tell me that the key to getting inner peace was through meditation (mediation is something that is still incredibly commonplace in India, be that if you're a Hindu, a Sikh, or a Musulman. One story that's told frequently by the clergymen in the gurudwara is how Guru Nanak sat under a tree and meditated every day for almost 15 years before being able to talk to the Divine) yet I could never really get into that stuff, nor do I have any interest in doing so.
09-08-2013, 09:25 PM,
A Buddhist monk said about the same thing. He said that it's the only way though, which I obviously don't agree with.
The reason I said that is that if your body/ego dominates your life you could say that you don't really make your own choices except if you see yourself as your body.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
09-10-2013, 06:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 06:29 PM by Wiztard.)
Brainwashed, more aware then most, certainly not awake.
19, trying to think for myself, it is difficult, since I work a 9-5 job and attend university.
I have been convinced that studying topics of interest will result in the further understanding of nature.
Walking through the city every day, the same bus route, same students that never interact with each other apart from social judgement to further develop "relationships" with so called "friends".
I am coming to realize how pointless it is to affiliate with humans who play video games, as there is no real content of relation (no real conversation or discussion.
This culture feels dead, and it sucks the life from me, knowing that I am really no different from the humans in the culture.
All I really want to do it to be alone, far away from these messed up 'people'.
Last year I was trying to understand why I felt so depressed all the time and why I could not find any motivation (still have a huge lack of motivation) I started blaming my parents for raising me religious (extra childhood brainwashing) now I see how delusional they are, (family is really into celebrities such as the royal family etc) It makes me sad that they waste time on such things.
I make myself sad because I understand that I am becoming what I hated through adolescence (somebody that does repetitive mundane tasks) (robot).
This forum is the only place I have been able to speak my mind so far in my life, trying to develop that further.
Thinking of deferring university next year and traveling around south america or Europe.
Smoke durries, eat curries.
09-10-2013, 07:06 PM,
Sounds like you're lost. I am too. I like to feel like I'm not the only one
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
09-11-2013, 01:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 01:23 PM by Togusa.)
I tend to visit Alley Pond Park (the local nature park) a lot nowadays. Gatis's videos got me inspired and now I might go ahead and start making videos talking about my views on stuff. All I need now is a Canon 600D and a tripod :p

Another bit to my mentality that I forgot to mention in the first post. Despite having a hard time talking to girls (well . . . who among us doesn't?), I'm incredibly talkative with random people whenever I'm waiting in a queue or whenever I'm eating lunch. Here's a bit of an anectdote:

On my first day of college, there was a guy in my class whom I didn't really take to all that much (mostly because he kept asking the professor questions that were already answered 5 minutes ago). However, when it came time to actually go home, I was packing up and he kept asking random people how to get to Great Neck from the college. I think I spat my drink when he said Great Neck. I told him to take a bus. He didn't know how to take a bus. At that point, I just decided to help the guy out. We took a bus over to McDonald's, grabbed some food to eat, and then I used my phone to at least find a good bus route back to Great Neck Plaza. After about an hour and 20 minutes' worth of telling bad jokes and playing drinking games with coke, we made it to the plaza. After a bit of wandering around and getting creeped out by how abnormally polished the neighbourhood actually is, I decided to take a train home. Thankfully, my new acquaintance was kind enough to pay for my ticket. I got off at the wrong train station, and I took the wrong bus twice, but at least I got home eventually, and I taught someone how to commute.

Basically, I took the time out of my own day to help someone that barely anyone else was willing to help. I actually enjoyed the trip and this guy was incredibly nice (he kept offering to pay for my bus ride). It certainly wasn't fun getting lost, but at least we both got home safely eventually. This is something that I never see these days, and whenever I'm talking to say . . . the guy sitting next to me on the bus from the hobby shop, the individual I'm talking to always has an interesting story, or an anecdote that's just itching to be told. Yet these stories and such never get told because of the fact that we're no longer interacting with our fellow humans. Humans are social creatures. We need to talk to others, be that through Skype, through phone, or even IRL. That's how we met most if not all of the people in our current circle of friends (and even the people browsing the BBS right now). It just disgusts me how people say that you shouldn't talk to strangers because they might be maniacs. There's a fine line between reality and fiction.

Also, slight bit of humour

[Image: 1235910_620984391282802_2107298303_n.png]
09-11-2013, 06:31 PM,
I found a path. Now I have to travel it.
09-12-2013, 01:36 AM,
(09-11-2013, 06:31 PM)Menno Wrote: I found a path. Now I have to travel it.

When will you start?
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.