Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theatre
11-03-2013, 06:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013, 06:43 PM by Wiztard.)
Theatre
I am curious about everyone's opinions on theatre, stage movement, live comedy, dance, that type of thing.
All through high school it was my main focus of interest and still consists in my life as a passion, I have been affiliated with roughly 6-7 major amateur productions(during high school we done a lot of other stuff).

My interest has dulled slightly over the years, however it is developing as one of the main things I can do well, and making people feel happy is a lovely reward (I do not make any money from this).

I suppose it is in a way a form of brainwashing as a large proportion of the acting side is rote learning lines, moral lineages and ideas of the writer. However the freedom and creativity of character development makes up for such repetitive actions.

Have there been any shows or anything of that nature that have effected you and sparked interest with any ideas or concepts engulfed within it? Please share! (:
Smoke durries, eat curries.
11-03-2013, 09:54 PM,
RE: Theatre
I acted for 4 years at the Amsterdam Jeugd Theater School.
My teacher told me I was talented and when I decided to quit she persuaded me to stay.
I quit because of the horrible people that went there, they were unnatural and also acted very unnaturally.
I still think acting is cool form of art if the play is full of natural characters.
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.
11-05-2013, 06:23 AM,
Went to the theatre group in my school for 1 month.
I actually have tickets for a show here on the 15th of November. Will see how that goes.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
11-05-2013, 07:52 PM,
(11-03-2013, 09:54 PM)Jerome Wrote: I quit because of the horrible people that went there, they were unnatural and also acted very unnaturally.

I agree, there are some very diluted humans involved in the art, it seems to attract egotistic humans, rehearsals can go very slowly due to this.

(11-05-2013, 06:23 AM)Sv3rige Wrote: I actually have tickets for a show here on the 15th of November. Will see how that goes.

Cool, what is the show about?
Smoke durries, eat curries.
11-05-2013, 09:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 09:04 PM by Sv3rige.)
It's called Hedda Gabler. No clue what it's about.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back