Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana
11-21-2013, 09:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013, 09:20 PM by Menno.)
RE: Marijuana
Wiztard, I understand what you are saying. My brother is an example (mental disability). He gets angry really fast and if he does he starts to break stuff. He smokes weed everyday, a lot, to keep his anger under control. You see my point here? Weed has taken over his life. He doesn't benefit anything from this. There are other, better ways, to help someone with a mental disability.

Same with my other brother, he takes sleeping pills every night and now he can't sleep without them anymore. He gets very ill if he doesn't take them.

Drugs is not the answer.
11-21-2013, 11:25 PM,
(11-21-2013, 09:16 PM)Menno Wrote: Wiztard, I understand what you are saying. My brother is an example (mental disability). He gets angry really fast and if he does he starts to break stuff. He smokes weed everyday, a lot, to keep his anger under control. You see my point here? Weed has taken over his life. He doesn't benefit anything from this. There are other, better ways, to help someone with a mental disability.

Same with my other brother, he takes sleeping pills every night and now he can't sleep without them anymore. He gets very ill if he doesn't take them.

Drugs is not the answer.

Finally someone who knows what is good for himself.
11-24-2013, 05:10 AM,
I was happy to see Illinois become the 20th medical marijuana state this year. I'm really happy about the direction decriminalization and legalization are going. Hopefully some day it'll be legalized and regulated on a federal level. It's amazing how the whole Refer Madness-esque view of marijuana is still around even today to a certain extent. Reagan and his war on drugs didn't help very much. I'm glad people are finally coming to their senses about the effects of marijuana in the short and long term. I don't use it often, but I support it 100%.
05-08-2014, 05:20 AM,
I actually got high on accident a few weeks ago at concert.. Everyone was smoking inside the venue and my friends and I were in the back, not smoking. Everything they smoked they blew in our direction and I eventually started feeling... different. I remember after the experience asking my friend about it and she was telling me that the feeling she felt along with myself was how she felt when she got high. It was really odd because I had had that same feeling before, it was when I used to be up all night playing Runescape with my friends on the weekends in 8th grade. I'm pretty sure pot just releases the dopamine your brain produces into your system. That's what I got from it. But it really just reminded me of how I used to play Runescape all night with my buddies.
06-06-2014, 07:35 AM,
Ive been smoking it for about 4 years. I wouldnt say its addictive as ive had intervals of not smoking from weeks to months. But I do go back to it when i feel like it because in my opinion there are benefits from it. It can benefit you and it can also not. For example if you just smoke to have more fun playing Call of Duty or listening to brainwashy songs or eat a ton load of food then it would be a disadvantage for you, spiritually. But if you smoke with a right state of mind, for example to sit in a park and appreciate the creations of nature, or God if you have that belief (I do), then I would say it helps encounter new feelings or atleast increases its intensity. Ofcourse once youre sober you lose that state but the memory can help you to have a newer understanding about your life and the way the world is naturally and artificially. As for negative effects to your mental or physical health i would say there are none, thats just my opinion from my experience. However with that said, smoking too freuquently and constantly will kill the effect, changing it from an inspiration to a demotivation, and it will desensitize you to the point where you'd be smoking more than needed to have the same effect. Also smoke in general is bad for you but the negative effect from that is signifcantly minor, especially if you're not smoking much. I put my trust in weed because it is a drug from nature, similarly i believe certain mushrooms can give beneficial spiritual experiences, depending on your state, althought i havent tried any. As for the manmade drugs (if they were made from 'man') i dismiss them all together.
Know your enemy, dont believe lies
06-06-2014, 04:14 PM,
From my experience when I used to smoke weed it increases whatever you're feeling at the time. So if you're happy you will feel more happy and worried then more worried etc.
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain