Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Emo discussion
12-07-2013, 11:20 AM,
RE: Emo discussion
(12-07-2013, 11:07 AM)Yak Wrote: I would just like to thank Mango for linking that Aspergers band, absolutely fantastic stuff

finally, somebody with something positive to say. i actually thought more people would comment on it! you're welcome.
“Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.”
― G.K. Chesterton
12-07-2013, 12:01 PM,
(12-07-2013, 11:07 AM)Yak Wrote: I would just like to thank Mango for linking that Aspergers band, absolutely fantastic stuff

That's enough positivity!!! lol
12-07-2013, 06:34 PM,
(12-06-2013, 08:14 PM)mango Wrote: i didn't quote kerrang the magazine. i quoted the guy from the collective-zine website who runs a distro and is much more knowledgeable about the whole emo subject. also showing you how old the whole thing is. where do you get your information from? what makes you some sort of authority? this whole thing is very silly! im not trying to prove MCR is emo now. so whats the beef? you're what people would call a genre nazi. you actually care more about getting the genre right than the music itself. did you only recently discover good music and thats why you're so militant about it? its what people use to describe music. nothing more than that. people get it wrong all the time. you make it bigger than what it really is.

about what jerome said. i know its not about scenes. Thursday toured with screamo bands and they played at geoff ricklys house. that doesn't mean im going to call them a screamo band lol. i'm just trying to say that the bands i mentioned have always been associated with the genre, and their major influence is emo. i know emo music started off influenced by hardcore punk. the bands i mentioned started off influenced by hardcore and yes, bands do change their sound. some bands blend the style really well like Ethel Meserve. its not your typical late 80s sound, but its still emo dude.

honestly, not many people are going to agree with you outside of this forum. if you want to think of the midwest scene as some sort of hoax, thats fine. you seem pretty skeptical about everything, so why should anyone believe you about anything? i already told you i agreed that the original 'true' emo is the type you're describing, but we disagree on midwest emo. its really a non-issue, and i dont think i really want to talk about it anymore, because you don't even seem open to the idea of listening to any of it.

From people who grew up with the scene and by using basic logic. Besides that all you need are your ears to determine what is emo and what isn't. I don't agree, genres are irrelevant in the end. As I said it's all about the topic name and misleading people. It's been some years already since I discovered it.

You're still talking about scenes. What does it matter if you always considered the bands to be part of the emo scene? If they don't play the genre they don't belong in certain topics. Nobody here is saying that you can't mix emo with other things. The point is that people posted bands that aren't emo influenced at all.

That's not true seeing as I made a mega mix of those bands. I like the music a lot but it's just not emo, it's solid pop.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
01-25-2014, 01:00 PM,
I believed that people who listen to emo are open minded.
Time to realize that the truth is not so clear!!!
Iconoclast - Silence
04-26-2014, 04:28 AM,
check out "handwriting!" http://www.handwritingma.bandcamp.com/album/handwriting
04-26-2014, 06:30 AM,
(04-26-2014, 04:28 AM)josephcbyrne Wrote: check out "handwriting!" http://www.handwritingma.bandcamp.com/album/handwriting

None will really listen to your songs if you advertise them this way, why don't you tell us about your inspirations, goals and ethics? That way we can determine whether your music is interesting to us. Instead of just copying this line in whatever forum you find, you should explain something more.
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.