Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EDM
12-01-2013, 11:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 11:53 AM by Wiztard.)
EDM
I was listening to a lot of electronic music last year, there is a lot of shit, however there are a few gems, like every genre.

Really loving the sound of this today:

Smoke durries, eat curries.
12-01-2013, 09:37 PM,
RE: EDM
Wow, never really got a chance to research EDM, a lot of people I know listen to a lot of it, especially the popular brostep stuff which has negatively changed my opinion of it. This however, has surprised me Big Grin I like

Can you suggest any artists/songs that I might enjoy?
12-01-2013, 10:40 PM,
Blackmill is nice, really chill. Haven't listened to him since last summer when I used to longboard more, but going down a hill on a beautiful day listening to this is really enjoyable as you can probably imagine

I don't listen to much EDM but used to listen to a Hardstyle radio station 24/7 when I played RS or CS a few years back. I liked not having to switch music and having long playlist picked for me (same reason I started downloading Gatis' mixes, had no idea they would change everything for me with music)
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
12-01-2013, 11:59 PM,
Really soothing part at 4:22. I liked it.
-
12-02-2013, 06:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 06:11 AM by Menno.)

and for hardstyle:

12-03-2013, 02:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2013, 02:33 PM by Wiztard.)
(12-01-2013, 09:37 PM)Dave Wrote: Wow, never really got a chance to research EDM, a lot of people I know listen to a lot of it, especially the popular brostep stuff which has negatively changed my opinion of it. This however, has surprised me Big Grin I like

Can you suggest any artists/songs that I might enjoy?

I use to listen to a lot of that crap, I saw it more as musical candy, exciting and new the first time, but it never truly satisfy.

LTR is pretty soothing, he creates good mixes on soundcloud if you're into that thing

Culprate had some good stuff, however his tracks have been progressively becoming worse. His album "colours" was interesting.

Shem does a lot of brostep, however I really enjoyed this track from him:

Smoke durries, eat curries.
11-04-2016, 06:45 AM,
come to think of it, this song from Ghost in the Shell series has put so much trance and emotion and even has its edm or trance-ish vibe. Easily the best edm song ever made to ever apear on a tv-series.

we slip through mansions with fences full-grown.
we slip through streetlights in crooked rows.
I saw the sky split in two: one half jealous and one half cruel.

Camouflage, Camouflage by The Blood Brothers