Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Tsai Ming-Liang & Lee Kang-Sheng Filmography + Downloads
10-25-2013, 06:48 AM,
RE: Tsai Ming-Liang & Lee Kang-Sheng Filmography + Downloads
I've tried to watch 'Goodbye, Dragon Inn' but it was really difficult. Not necessarily boring but I just couldn't stand the long breaks and pauzes. At some point I just saw a woman eating popcorn for 2-3 minutes straight and I just couldn't stand it. I guess my mind is still in the "Holywood" mindset, though I liked Harakiri and some other films.
-
10-26-2013, 05:22 AM,
(10-25-2013, 06:48 AM)Julian Wrote: I've tried to watch 'Goodbye, Dragon Inn' but it was really difficult. Not necessarily boring but I just couldn't stand the long breaks and pauzes. At some point I just saw a woman eating popcorn for 2-3 minutes straight and I just couldn't stand it. I guess my mind is still in the "Holywood" mindset, though I liked Harakiri and some other films.

Was it your first one? Because that film is connected to The Missing and should be watched first. But it also wouldn't make a big difference. You should definitely watch them from the beginning. Rebels, Vive and The River and after the 3 you will understand his style good enough.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
10-26-2013, 06:28 AM,
(10-26-2013, 05:22 AM)Sv3rige Wrote: Was it your first one? Because that film is connected to The Missing and should be watched first. But it also wouldn't make a big difference. You should definitely watch them from the beginning. Rebels, Vive and The River and after the 3 you will understand his style good enough.

Will do, thanks
-
12-30-2013, 08:58 PM,
It's so hard to find good subtitles for The Wayward Cloud I'm grateful they're still here.
I watched the first few of these films about a year ago and I understood some things and liked them a lot but I've only recently fallen in love with cinema and I'm just starting to watch a lot of films.

I watched Les quatre cents coups (the film Lee Kang-Sheng watches in What Time is It There) and really liked that one, too. It really feels like Tsai was inspired by that director, it reminded me of Rebels of the Neon God with the focus on naughty boys in urban areas.
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
03-14-2014, 01:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014, 02:39 PM by Edd.)
I downloaded all the parts of Rebels of the Neon God but how do I watch them with subtitles?

-Edd
03-15-2014, 05:11 AM,
When I downloaded this movie I got a .srt file with the other parts, so it could be that your missing that file (as that is a universal subtitle file).
For the convenience I uploaded it for you: (this should be right one, at least)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vwus0c...on+God.srt
03-17-2014, 05:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2014, 06:25 PM by Sv3rige.)
Yes I have the .srt file but when I play the movie there is still no subtitles. Is there something I have to do with the .srt file for it to work?
-
Got it to work!
03-17-2014, 09:41 PM,
(03-17-2014, 05:33 AM)Edd Wrote: Yes I have the .srt file but when I play the movie there is still no subtitles. Is there something I have to do with the .srt file for it to work?
-
Got it to work!

Sometimes you have to give the .srt file the exact same name as the .avi file. You can also download vlc player so you can manually paste the .srt file into the video.
-
03-22-2014, 07:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 11:19 AM by Edd.)
I'm trying to download The River and its taking ages, been over 5 hours so far and it's only at 16% and no sub titles? Any tips?
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Siddhārtha Gautama
03-22-2014, 04:42 PM,
(03-22-2014, 07:41 AM)Edd Wrote: I'm trying to download The River and its taking ages, been over 5 hours so far and it's only at 16% and no sub titles? Any tips?

It's easiest to register at asiatorrents and download there if registration spots are open right now. I'm not sure. There it will always be very fast.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back