Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screamo + Shoegaze = Screamogaze?
01-05-2014, 06:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 09:57 PM by PhillipStounn.)
Screamo + Shoegaze = Screamogaze?
I was wondering if screamo was mixed with shoegaze, would it be more louder than ever?
take my bloody valentine for example (in their Isn't Anything era) and mix it up with Jeromes Dream, Orchid or iwrotehiakusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook. i could really think of it because it could show more aggressiveness. What do you guys think?
we slip through mansions with fences full-grown.
we slip through streetlights in crooked rows.
I saw the sky split in two: one half jealous and one half cruel.

Camouflage, Camouflage by The Blood Brothers
01-05-2014, 12:14 PM,
RE: Screamo + Shoegaze = Screamogaze?
(01-05-2014, 06:30 AM)PhillipStounn Wrote: I was wondering if screamo was mixed with shoegaze, would it be more louder than ever? i could really think of it because it could show more aggressiveness. What do you guys think?

I am not sure what that would sound like, would be good to hear some examples from someone who has something similar.
Smoke durries, eat curries.
01-05-2014, 03:43 PM,
Sounds like it could be great does anybody have anything like it
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
01-05-2014, 09:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 09:59 PM by PhillipStounn.)
(01-05-2014, 03:43 PM)Dawning Wrote: Sounds like it could be great does anybody have anything like it

I'm not sure if there's a shoegaze influenced screamo band in here, but i DO wish there was one.

I've found this. not sure if this is close to post-rock or metal. :/

01-06-2014, 05:04 AM,
sounds more like some sort of post-screamo xD
maybe the best option is to make it yourself
01-06-2014, 07:48 AM,
So hideous are an incredible band. Their new album is better than that! In fact it was one of my favorite 2013 albums. I think they're pretty much post rock with a touch of black metal thrown in there. They remind me of mono a lot too.
01-06-2014, 09:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014, 10:18 PM by Bonjour Tristesse.)
[Image: Sunbather.png]

Deafheaven - Sunbather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIHH9THNRQA

Commonly referred to as blackmetal influenced shoegaze I think it has a lot more screamo influences than people give it credit for, it reminds me a lot of Envy.

On a sidenote, if you want some post-rock influenced screamo I'll save you naming you the usual bands (Envy, City of Caterpillar, blabla) I'm sure other people will tell you, here's a recent band that I really like.

[Image: a2074748471_2.jpg]

Saintly Rows - In a Year, We Were Nothing

http://saintlyrows.bandcamp.com/album/in...re-nothing
[Image: ubuCMI9.png]http://last.fm/user/post-swagcore

[Image: wL4Rgfr.jpg]SLSK: euphoria/Pablo
01-07-2014, 02:18 PM,
I hear so much about that deafheaven album and I love shoegaze, black metal and screamo but just can't get into it. I know I should love it :/
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
01-08-2014, 12:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014, 12:36 AM by Dave.)
(01-07-2014, 02:18 PM)Dawning Wrote: I hear so much about that deafheaven album and I love shoegaze, black metal and screamo but just can't get into it. I know I should love it :/

It's one of my most played albums at the mo, maybe listen to Roads to Judah first? When I listened to that album, then they clicked for me! Sunbather has reaaallly been getting a lot of popularity, but it's not for no reason. I saw them play it in it's entirety live, I swear I had an out of body experience or something haha

Also I know this isn't totally what you're looking for but It's close-ish

01-08-2014, 04:10 AM,
Post-rock screamo shit bores me to death and is either a waste of GB on my computer. I'd rather hear a fast, bone-crushing noise screamo.