Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexual orientation
02-08-2014, 04:53 AM,
Sexual orientation
It's a fancy term that basically means "what kind of people you want to fuck?"

It's also something that's been beaten into the ground for me by social justice bloggers on tumblr. Suddenly, there's all kinds of sexualities, orientations, antidisestablishmentarianisms, and such.

There's:

heterosexual: attraction to the opposite sex.
homosexual: attraction to the same sex
pansexual: attraction to pans (lol jk); attraction to just about anything.
transexua-something-blah blah blah: you get the point.

So what are your opinions on this matter? In case you didn't get my views, here's my thoughts from another thread on this BBS (find it you lazy fucks, i'm not gonna do the work for you).

Quote: i hate it when people say that sexuality is something you're born with. you're literally born with no knowledge of anything. your brain is a blank fucking slate. if a thief were to kidnap you as a baby from your parents, you wouldn't know if the thief was your actual parent because you lack the ability to discern things. an infant can't tell apart a boy from a girl, and so on and so forth. it's like when people say music taste is something you're born with. your sexuality isn't a choice you're able to make. it's influenced by various factors much in the same way the music you listen to is influenced by many things (e.g. loud rap music playing next door makes you dislike rap music in general).
02-08-2014, 05:25 AM,
RE: Sexual orientation
I don't understand. Opinions on what matter?
Time to realize that the truth is not so clear!!!
Iconoclast - Silence
02-08-2014, 06:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014, 06:01 AM by PhillipStounn.)
and why the hell are you so angry, togusa?
we slip through mansions with fences full-grown.
we slip through streetlights in crooked rows.
I saw the sky split in two: one half jealous and one half cruel.

Camouflage, Camouflage by The Blood Brothers
02-08-2014, 02:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014, 02:09 PM by Dawning.)
Opinions on sexuality I assume, and I don't think he's angry, though it's hard to tell tone through the internet.

My opinion is that humans are naturally pansexual, and being exposed to hetero-normative brainwashing from the day we're born (being told boys like blue, girls like pink, boys like cars and "manly things" girls like dolls and "girly things" etc etc etc and especially the christian religions and similar ones like Islam) is the reason the majority of us are heterosexual.
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
02-08-2014, 07:08 PM,
(02-08-2014, 02:07 PM)Dawning Wrote: Opinions on sexuality I assume, and I don't think he's angry, though it's hard to tell tone through the internet.

My opinion is that humans are naturally pansexual, and being exposed to hetero-normative brainwashing from the day we're born (being told boys like blue, girls like pink, boys like cars and "manly things" girls like dolls and "girly things" etc etc etc and especially the christian religions and similar ones like Islam) is the reason the majority of us are heterosexual.

The doll/car and colour thing is understandable but I'm still skeptical about the sexual part because of reproduction.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
02-08-2014, 09:25 PM,
I believe that people are born with sexuality, I don't believe it has anything to do with knowledge. I'm not sure if I should say this, I can't really explain this but I think sexuality is kind of in your body. Big Grin
Time to realize that the truth is not so clear!!!
Iconoclast - Silence
02-08-2014, 10:15 PM,
I don't think the sole purpose of sexual activity is reproduction. Maybe it is but seeing as the world is over-populated anyway and homosexuality can be observed in many other animals it seems not to be the case.
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
02-09-2014, 03:49 AM,
(02-08-2014, 10:15 PM)Dawning Wrote: I don't think the sole purpose of sexual activity is reproduction. Maybe it is but seeing as the world is over-populated anyway and homosexuality can be observed in many other animals it seems not to be the case.

Yes. I didn't mean it like that. I was just thinking if it is the way you say there would be less chance of people meeting and being reproductive but it's not like that has any actual meaning. There would still be lots of births.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
02-10-2014, 07:55 AM,
Wink  RE: Sexual orientation
(02-08-2014, 04:53 AM)Togusa Wrote: pansexual: attraction to pans

well that made me swallow my toothpaste laughing, and thereby instantly lowering my IQ Tongue
I don't really care what others are attracted to, as long as they don't bother me with it.
02-19-2014, 06:28 AM,
THANK YOU, MARTJIN!!

I HATE it when homo couples always have to show off their love in the most flamboyant and annoying ways possible. We get it. You love your partner, and he/she's the same gender. There's no need to be like that drunk chick at the party with the lampshade on her head and no shirt on. Public displays of affection are great, but don't make it out to be such a big deal -_-

I need to take you all to the gay pride parade. You'll all have a riot.