Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callista (My Band)
07-28-2013, 04:55 AM,
Callista (My Band)
Hey everyone seeing as a couple of you guys wanted me to post some music, here's a track by my band, Callista.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WshVC1J5wpE

I'm not too sure what genre we are but I just call us Post-Rock with screaming. If someone could give me something more accurate that would be helpful!

This is probably the song with the brightest melodies

You can download our EP at callista.bandcamp.com

Hope you enjoy it! Tongue
07-28-2013, 05:58 AM,
RE: Callista (My Band)
(07-28-2013, 04:55 AM)Dave Wrote: Hey everyone seeing as a couple of you guys wanted me to post some music, here's a track by my band, Callista.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WshVC1J5wpE

I'm not too sure what genre we are but I just call us Post-Rock with screaming. If someone could give me something more accurate that would be helpful!

This is probably the song with the brightest melodies

You can download our EP at callista.bandcamp.com

Hope you enjoy it! Tongue

The EP example sounds more like Post-Metal/Ambient to me. The RIP title in the EP made me laugh on the inside. Thanks for sharing.
07-28-2013, 06:11 AM,
I like the last three songs on the EP best. Sounds like a lot of passion was put into Hindsight, it's good that it's longer than the others.
Post-rock I don't hear but what it says on youtube and bandcamp seems about right - melodic hardcore.
What bands do you guys listen to?
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
07-28-2013, 06:54 AM,
(07-28-2013, 06:11 AM)Sv3rige Wrote: I like the last three songs on the EP best. Sounds like a lot of passion was put into Hindsight, it's good that it's longer than the others.
Post-rock I don't hear but what it says on youtube and bandcamp seems about right - melodic hardcore.
What bands do you guys listen to?

Funnily enough, Hindsight was the first song we wrote. I guess the band that we listen to the most is The Elijah, absolutely incredible live band and probably my favorite band, they're breaking up after their European tour in September though which sucks. Other bands we collectively like to listen to are Devil Sold His Soul, Rinoa, Echoes, Envy and Deafheaven. Can't think of many more at the moment.

I'd have to agree, the last three songs of the EP are also my favorites

Thanks for listening

08-08-2013, 11:10 PM,
I like!
08-09-2013, 01:34 AM,
(08-08-2013, 11:10 PM)Ampeva Wrote: I like!

Glad to hear it!
01-03-2014, 02:39 AM,
New song.

I've incorporated more orchestral elements into the music now Smile Its a bit heavier too.
01-03-2014, 01:12 PM,
I like, it's passionate and good but sounds a little conventional
New song is my favourite.
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
01-03-2014, 07:16 PM,
(01-03-2014, 01:12 PM)Dawning Wrote: I like, it's passionate and good but sounds a little conventional
New song is my favourite.

Thanks man Smile
03-30-2014, 12:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2014, 12:38 AM by Dave.)

We played this show a little over a month ago

All the songs in this video are not on that EP if you're interested in hearing new stuff Smile