Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is fluoride actually harmful in toothpaste?
02-28-2014, 12:33 AM,
Is fluoride actually harmful in toothpaste?
Typical Argument: Fluoride in your toothpaste brainwashes you.

Typical Proof: Germans used Fluoride in prisoner water supplies to pacify them.

My Response: First off I'd like to say that I have seen no educated proof that Germans actually fluorinated prisoner water supplies to pacify them. But If you were to hand me this argument I would underline the fact that Germans used it in prisoner WATER SUPPLIES meaning that the prisoners actually had to consume the Fluoride. With this in mind, how does fluoride in toothpaste affect us and why do the masses believe it's a poison given to us without warning? Lets back up a little bit.

The FDA puts a huge ass warning label on your toothpaste just so you know that swallowing the toothpaste IS in fact harmful. They acknowledge the fact that you should not consume the product and if you do you should seek medical care.

Now lets look at the simple method of brushing your teeth. You put the toothpaste on the brush, stick it in your mouth for a minute, and then spit out the toothpaste. You then proceed to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. This means you do NOT consume the fluoride. Not only do you not swallow the fluoride but you rinse your mouth with water shortly after removing any possibility that you'll swallow it.

So is fluoride harmful in toothpaste when we speak of "dumbing the population"?

[Image: FireFlyToothpasteLabel2.jpg]
02-28-2014, 12:36 AM,
RE: Is fluoride actually harmful in toothpaste?
I don't really know about all those theories but I do know you shouldn't swallow toothpaste, or use it after drinking orange juice Wink
02-28-2014, 01:01 AM,
I can just say that toothpaste feels very bad in my mouth.
Time to realize that the truth is not so clear!!!
Iconoclast - Silence
02-28-2014, 01:36 AM,
I think what makes it harmful is the fact that your gums are porous and can absorb the fluoride while its in your mouth. I'm still undecided on whether it is actually harmful but that's the reason why people think it is.
02-28-2014, 07:30 AM,
Don't they say you should not rinse your mouth with water after brushing your teeth, making it more effective?
Anyway, I usually rinse longer than i actually brush my teeth.I dislike the taste.
02-28-2014, 07:34 AM,
(02-28-2014, 07:30 AM)Ampeva Wrote: I usually rinse longer than i actually brush my teeth.
Time to realize that the truth is not so clear!!!
Iconoclast - Silence
02-28-2014, 08:58 AM,
As the great Question from Justice League Unlimited once said: Topically applied fluoride doesn't prevent tooth decay! It does render teeth detectable by spy satellite.