Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International happiness day
03-21-2014, 12:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 12:24 PM by Wiztard.)
Wink  International happiness day
I don't usually celebrate stuff like this, what are your opinions on this?
I believe today is the date, so I hope you all have a great day, go outside, feel the sunshine, do whatever it is that fills you with joy.
Smile
Smoke durries, eat curries.
03-21-2014, 02:53 PM,
RE: International happiness day
This was something that happened after the artist Pharrel made a song called "Happy" or "Happiness" or something like that and the UN passed the day after this song went viral... I guess it can be okay for people though.
03-21-2014, 05:06 PM,
Why not do this every day?
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
03-21-2014, 07:09 PM,
Seeing as people in the system likely don't feel happiness it seems useless.
Also like Dawning said why not every day? What could possibly change in this one day?
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
03-21-2014, 08:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 09:32 PM by Wiztard.)
(03-21-2014, 02:53 PM)Nhoj Wrote: This was something that happened after the artist Pharrel made a song called "Happy" or "Happiness" or something like that and the UN passed the day after this song went viral... I guess it can be okay for people though.

That makes me much less fond of the idea now.
I had no idea, never knew that song existed.

(03-21-2014, 05:06 PM)Dawning Wrote: Why not do this every day?

(03-21-2014, 07:09 PM)Sv3rige Wrote: Seeing as people in the system likely don't feel happiness it seems useless.
Also like Dawning said why not every day? What could possibly change in this one day?

Nothing is truly useless, if you put enough energy into discovering, learning, adopting a certain phenomena or understanding then you can teach it to others. I agree that majority of humans don't care about happiness, they're more interested in obtaining a BMW.
But to give up on humans is to not even try.
That is true, it's silly for happiness to be excluded from every moment.
I see what you are saying, it's creating a cultural node for people to follow instead of creating their own. It's something that fills their mind with pointless ideology.

I think being happy leads you to taking action on things that with a lack of motivation you would otherwise dismiss. It's fundamental to a human nature.
Humans have various rates for assimilating different concepts, it's by doing things that we find difficult yet rewarding (such as art) that can effect others to also produce beauty.
Someone might be in the street creating a painting, that might inspire someone else to create their first painting, they could find pure joy in that activity and then go on to master that emotional valve.

EDIT: I understand Wikipedia is not a legitimate source however I found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowruz
This seems to be the origin of the celebration.
Smoke durries, eat curries.