Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geoff Rickly to form new band with Lostprophets
04-29-2014, 05:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 05:19 PM by Dawning.)
Geoff Rickly to form new band with Lostprophets
I gotta say this surprised me. I've never heard lostprophets and don't care about them but if Geoff is the songwriter this could be good

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gene...inger.html
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
04-29-2014, 06:53 PM,
RE: Geoff Rickly to form new band with Lostprophets
Wow. Both bands are really good, maybe this could be the best pop rock band ever.. Thursday + Lostprophets..
Listen to Lostprophets - Last Train Home if you wonder if you would like them.
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.
04-29-2014, 11:02 PM,
A surprise, indeed. Hope they are gonna release something asap Tongue
04-29-2014, 11:31 PM,
It's a shame about the vocalist of Lostprophets, they were one of favorite childhood bands. It's even worse when you see the "a town called hypocrisy" video. Who's Geoff Rickly?
04-29-2014, 11:32 PM,
Interesting, Lostprophets were one of the first bands I really got into, not fond of them anymore however.
Smoke durries, eat curries.
04-29-2014, 11:47 PM,
Jerome - I couldn't get into the song. Maybe it's a grower over time, but Geoff said this new stuff is gonna be new-wave/post-punky so that will be interesting.

Dave - Geoff Rickly is singer of Thursday. Considered a legend in his scene. Discovered My Chemical Romance and Touche Amore and produced both their debut albums I believe. MCR went on to become way more famous than his band lol. (not that that matters)

I'm glad the members get to move on and do something together, especially considering the horrible things the singer did (raped a 1 year old) this would bring huge negative attention to the name Lostprophets and that's not fair since 5/6 of the members did nothing wrong.
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
04-30-2014, 02:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014, 02:41 AM by Sv3rige.)
(04-29-2014, 11:31 PM)Dave Wrote: It's a shame about the vocalist of Lostprophets, they were one of favorite childhood bands. It's even worse when you see the "a town called hypocrisy" video. Who's Geoff Rickly?

I didn't rhink of that video, damn. Geoff is the singer of Thursday.

It's one of my first bands too. I used a lot of their songs in the mixes.
Last Summer is really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCcIKrsZpA

Totally didn't expect this btw. Kinda shocked in a way.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
04-30-2014, 07:18 PM,
Yeah the video is damn shocking : O
05-31-2014, 02:44 PM,
"especially considering the horrible things the singer did (raped a 1 year old) "

what?
05-31-2014, 04:46 PM,
(05-31-2014, 02:44 PM)kicked Wrote: "especially considering the horrible things the singer did (raped a 1 year old) "

what?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/449354/...sentencing
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back