Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meditation
05-05-2014, 05:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014, 05:40 AM by Dave.)
Meditation
I've been looking into meditation lately, and seems like a practice I'll be taking up more.
There are no religious or spiritual elements to it like people would believe, just looking into yourself and only thinking about the present moment and the feelings you have. This makes you more aware of your surroundings, turns your mind away from pointless things, and also gives you a greater understanding of life that words cannot give you

What are peoples opinions on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvU7ppM4vE
05-05-2014, 07:31 AM,
RE: Meditation
The way he smiles after every word makes me feel like his trying to provoke the viewer, I also feel that taking a walk in the woods will have the same effect, if not even better because of the air inside not being the best at most places.
05-05-2014, 07:56 AM,
Hmm you have a point but I think he's just like that. I get the same effect from listening to music and such and taking walks in nature. I guess they could be seen as forms of meditation
05-05-2014, 08:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014, 08:48 PM by Sv3rige.)
Ampeva watches his videos. I feel about the same as victim when it comes to him.
The other guy is hard to take serious. He just follows another group and teaching as all the Buddhists. He has a long way to go. I guess I sound arrogant saying that.

It's best to look at meditation naturally. Are any of the stances natural? No. For everybody something else will work, whatever is confortable.
Just like you said you can do this in many ways. I also prefer music, taking walks, sungazing (thanks Dave), sitting or laying wherever and dreaming and thinking.
The last 2 years I've been having the "craziest" realizations because of this.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
05-06-2014, 04:50 AM,
No you don't sound arrogant, don't worry about that I understand what you're saying.
I wouldn't class music as being natural on our mp3 players and such, but it still works.
When you say "stances" what do you mean?
And no problem about the sungazing Wink
05-06-2014, 07:20 PM,
I didn't mean to imply that it's natural, that's obvious.
For example with the legs crossed or whatever is done in groups too. You sit there and let others teach you how to do something. Where in nature does it say that it has to be done that way?
05-09-2014, 05:52 PM,
I don't think you should have rules to follow about where your hands and feet etc. should be placed, so yeah I agree with you on that. But surely principles could be experimented with and if it works for an individual I don't see any kind of problem.
05-09-2014, 08:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014, 08:33 PM by Wiztard.)
The experiences I have had with meditation have been enjoyable. Over a few hours of sitting still with closed eyes focusing on breathing there is noticeably increased fluidity and lucidity to using imagination. When music is involved it can enhance the story.

I see it as a natural entertainment, or a tool for relaxation.
Smoke durries, eat curries.
05-14-2014, 04:02 AM,

05-22-2014, 05:06 AM,