Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
05-05-2014, 09:13 AM,
Hello
Hi, My name is Steve and i'm addicted to music.

My addiction started when I was around 13-14 years old in 2006, watching videos of a game that I used to play. One of the songs featured on this video was a song called 'Hand of Blood' by Bullet for my Valentine. This was my first kind of exposure to music outside of the mainstream, and at first I was confused and didn't know what to make of it yet I always wanted to hear more. From that point I began digging deeper and deeper over the years, discovering genres such as modern post-hardcore & metalcore. I was getting further and further away from what was considered normal where I live until eventually I came across a band called At The Gates. I guess you could say that was like taking a shot of heroin - I'd found my drug and that was all I cared about. My addiction grew when I discovered a great band called Bathory, and my journey into the darker side of the music industry began. I started reading about music culture - specifically the origins of black and death metal, and the Scandinavian music scene in the early 1990s. I started getting more and more interested in what the music stood for and what it meant, I wanted to know the story behind the music, why each song was written and the meanings behind everything - which lead me here.
I'm addicted to the music and I want know more.
05-05-2014, 08:33 PM,
RE: Hello
Many of us started the same way.
Welcome to AIFA.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
05-06-2014, 12:53 AM,
Welcome Smile
-
05-06-2014, 01:00 AM,
Enjoy your stay.
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.
05-06-2014, 03:07 AM,
Welcome to the forum.
Time to realize that the truth is not so clear!!!
Iconoclast - Silence
05-06-2014, 04:23 AM,
Welcome, Steve.
05-06-2014, 04:59 AM,
Welcome, Steve Smile

BFMV Was my first exposure to lesser known stuff in rock/metal also. I remember listening to "Suffocating Under Words Of Sorrow" on repeat for four hours when i discovered it!
05-06-2014, 08:51 AM,
(05-06-2014, 04:59 AM)Dave Wrote: Welcome, Steve Smile

BFMV Was my first exposure to lesser known stuff in rock/metal also. I remember listening to "Suffocating Under Words Of Sorrow" on repeat for four hours when i discovered it!

I still listen to that album alot. It never seems to get old.. it actually makes me sad seeing how bad they are these days lol
05-06-2014, 08:16 PM,
Hey Steve, glad to see you here Smile
Did you end up leaving once the weather was better?
Smoke durries, eat curries.