Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most recent film you've watched
08-17-2013, 03:34 PM,
Most recent film you've watched
Just post the most recent film you've watched, along with what you thought after watching (if you want to).

I watched Harakiri (1962) about 3 nights ago. Beautiful film, but I didn't really get the meaning of it until the last ~10 minutes.
08-17-2013, 09:42 PM,
RE: Most recent film you've watched
Recently rewatched Lee Kang-sheng's The Missing.
I like how it had a Tsai Ming-liang influence but it still felt like his own film if you know what I mean.
An experience of human loss that touched my heart.
Punk rock should mean freedom. Liking and accepting anything that you like, playing whatever you want, as sloppy as you want. As long as it's good and it has passion. - Kurt Cobain
08-17-2013, 11:55 PM,
Watched a bunch of directors and films recently, but most particularly Joyce Wieland and Walter Ungerer. Walter's early films (60s and 70s) were pretty good, but afterwards, it seems vapid for the most part.
I like Joyce Wieland's style. I haven't finished watching her stuff, but as the later it gets, the better and more interesting it gets.

Walter's "The Terrible Mother (1972)" is something I think about time to time. Loved the beginning of it, which appeared to me that all the characters were meeting up in one room - the room where most of the film takes place. After everyone comes, they start storytelling and eat together. If you like storytelling, this might be the film for you. I especially like the first story (which is a dream).

My current favorite for Joyce is "Barbara's Blindness (1965)." It appears the film contrasts between joy, happiness, beauty, to it's opposite and quite anything but.
08-21-2013, 01:31 PM,
I watched Ten by Abbas Kiarostami.

I honestly could relate to it very well. My parents were divorced, and I felt like I was the child in the film. It really shows how much a mother and child can drift apart after something like a divorce. At the same time, it gave me a new perspective on what a mother goes through. I might go ahead and re-watch it just to see if I missed out on anything. But overall, I think I'll be watching more films by Kiarostami.

Hopefully, I'll be able to understand some Persian after this :p
08-21-2013, 06:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013, 06:46 PM by Sv3rige.)
(08-21-2013, 01:31 PM)Togusa Wrote: I watched Ten by Abbas Kiarostami.

I honestly could relate to it very well. My parents were divorced, and I felt like I was the child in the film. It really shows how much a mother and child can drift apart after something like a divorce. At the same time, it gave me a new perspective on what a mother goes through. I might go ahead and re-watch it just to see if I missed out on anything. But overall, I think I'll be watching more films by Kiarostami.

Hopefully, I'll be able to understand some Persian after this :p

Definitely check out Where is the Friend's Home? and Taste of Cherry.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
08-25-2013, 03:30 PM,
Damn you Gatis and your recommendations on great films!
08-25-2013, 06:03 PM,
I watched The River, it was good.
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.
08-25-2013, 08:40 PM,
I just watched The Missing Smile
09-12-2013, 07:46 AM,
Just watched Where is the Friend's Home? What are the next two films in the Koker trilogy?
09-12-2013, 07:53 AM,
(09-12-2013, 07:46 AM)Togusa Wrote: Just watched Where is the Friend's Home? What are the next two films in the Koker trilogy?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105888
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111845

Through the Olive Trees is as beautful as the name implies Smile
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back