Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution
08-22-2013, 05:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013, 05:06 AM by Dave.)
Evolution
Not really sure where in the forum I should post this, but here seems about right

I myself believe in a God/Creator but this is not what I'm posting about. It's about Evolution and how I believe it to be a lie. These people have put all their faith into scientists and textbooks and haven't really thought for themselves, although one claims to have done so.

I've never been able to carry out a civilized conversation about this, but here seems like a place that I might be able to. If you disagree with me I would totally love to hear what you have to say too Smile

Watch this video (38 mins)

I found it very interesting (bordering entertaining)
08-22-2013, 05:31 AM,
RE: Evolution
The last guy I talked to about evolution called it a fact and said it's great that people are being taught that in all schools. That's about as far as I got because trying to explain to him that it's his belief was too hard for him to accept.

The major problem with these kind of arguments is that almost always people assume that God equals Christianity and start talking about how the Bible doesn't make sense.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
08-22-2013, 05:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013, 06:24 AM by Dave.)
(08-22-2013, 05:31 AM)Sv3rige Wrote: The last guy I talked to about evolution called it a fact and said it's great that people are being taught that in all schools. That's about as far as I got because trying to explain to him that it's his belief was too hard for him to accept.

The major problem with these kind of arguments is that almost always people assume that God equals Christianity and start talking about how the Bible doesn't make sense.

Yeah definitely. From my experience though, It's not that people relate God just to Christianity, most people I talk to about this think that believing in God automatically makes you religious in general, when believing and being part of a religion are two completely different things.

For example I'll say "Do you believe in God" and I will get the reply "No I'm not religious"
08-31-2013, 04:28 AM,
Why do you think the theory of evolution is wrong? There's an overwhelming amount of evidence for it. Alot of studies have been done on the Greenish Warbler and Salamander, for example.
And plenty of fossils have been found showing the evolutionary link between species. Australopithecus is a classic example.
If just ONE fossil was found out of place, or ONE example given against the theory of evolution, then it would be immediately disproved.
But, to this day, not one has been found.

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/huma...-afarensis

The video you gave above is not convincing at all. They clearly misunderstand the theory and even misunderstand what atheism means.
How strange it is to be anything at all
09-01-2013, 08:01 AM,
(08-31-2013, 04:28 AM)Matthew Cassinelli Wrote: http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/huma...-afarensis

Dats conspiracy theory Cool
09-01-2013, 09:30 AM,
(09-01-2013, 08:01 AM)J.R. Wrote:
(08-31-2013, 04:28 AM)Matthew Cassinelli Wrote: http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/huma...-afarensis

Humanorigins is just one of thousands of sites that provide information about evolution. Would you like me to link you to more? Why on earth would the scientific and archaeological community lie about these things? You can see the fossils for yourself in museums around the world. You can look at the results of the human genome project and other gene-mapping studies. If you really want, you can do your own experiments at home with bacteria and a microscope to see evolution first-hand. Why don't you trust the evidence? (Or have you not analysed it?)
09-01-2013, 10:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013, 10:46 AM by J.R..)
(09-01-2013, 09:30 AM)Matthew Cassinelli Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 08:01 AM)J.R. Wrote:

Humanorigins is just one of thousands of sites that provide information about evolution. Would you like me to link you to more? Why on earth would the scientific and archaeological community lie about these things? You can see the fossils for yourself in museums around the world. You can look at the results of the human genome project and other gene-mapping studies. If you really want, you can do your own experiments at home with bacteria and a microscope to see evolution first-hand. Why don't you trust the evidence? (Or have you not analysed it?)

It's one of many things taught in public schools to kids as well as academia in universities of the slave class in order to continue undermining the morality of the masses and crush the collective spirit of humanity by making them believe/conclude that they're nothing more than bacteria of the universe (which somehow created science in order to realize it?)

Darwin's bs naturally led to one of his proteges coining the term eugenics and spreading it's founding theories which have evolved into the monstrosity that is our culture of mass poisoning and murder. You can throw the term social darwinism around in regards to almost anything evil in order to absolve the conscience-- if you're brainwashed enough Big Grin
09-01-2013, 11:41 AM,
1) "undermining the morality of the masses and crush the collective spirit of humanity" - Evolution is not a moral code. It says or implies nothing about how we should live our lives. Do you use the theory of gravity to determine what is moral? Do you base your life around heliocentric theory? The theory of tectonic plates? No. Evolution is the same - it is a scientific theory made by weighing evidence.

2) EVEN IF IT WAS TRUE that evolution DID undermine our morals, and crush the spirit of humanity, that is irrelevant because we are speaking about what is true, not what is good/bad. The existence of cancer crushes the spirit of humanity, but that does not mean that cancer does not exist. You are confusing 'what is true' with 'what is ideal'.

3) "Darwin's bs naturally led to one of his proteges coining the term eugenics and spreading it's founding theories which have evolved into the monstrosity that is our culture of mass poisoning and murder" - some people are disgusting and will pervert any theory they can find to justify the agenda that they already have. Many ideas have been perverted throughout history - and that says nothing about the truth value of those ideas.

4) "they're nothing more than bacteria of the universe (which somehow created science in order to realize it?)" - you misunderstand the theory of evolution and I suggest you research it more.
09-01-2013, 06:43 PM,
I don't want to get into this before I get an answer on this question Matthew if you could: What is the main purpose of arguing?
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
09-01-2013, 11:17 PM,
(09-01-2013, 06:43 PM)Sv3rige Wrote: I don't want to get into this before I get an answer on this question Matthew if you could: What is the main purpose of arguing?

1) We were having a discussion about evolution on one of your videos, but you said that I should come here to discuss it instead.

2) Because I care about what is true.

3) Arguments allow me (and others) to have my beliefs challenged and tested.