Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How do you get out of the videogame addiction cycle?
09-07-2013, 05:45 PM,
RE: How do you get out of the videogame addiction cycle?
I pretty much believe that you should start thinking for yourself if you do not know what real life is.
09-07-2013, 09:57 PM,
I know what real life is, I was just pointing out that it's an ambiguous term. From a technical standpoint, computers and vidya games are actually a part of real life since we can interact with them in our lives and they are made from observable matter. But in general terms it's ambiguous, for instance when people say "real life", they could mean "outside of the internet", "outside of computers", "outside of technology" or a number of different things. There is a blurred line between what is real life and what isn't, ya get me?
How strange it is to be anything at all
09-07-2013, 10:23 PM,
Of course, there can be different views on it. Do you consider a guitar as compareable to when you play a video game? Or board games? I don't see those examples as very logical since those things have almost nothing to do with the pixelated and animated stuff you see and play with on the screen. I don't consider video games as real life. As said earlier they distract you from it. Cartoons may be another example. That could make it clearer to you.
09-07-2013, 10:50 PM,
Ah so your basis is pixels and animations? Fair enough
09-07-2013, 11:19 PM,
Unrealistic acting may be another thing that I don't really want to see as real life.
09-07-2013, 11:24 PM,
I personally use the term when referring to something real as opposed to its simulated counterpart.
09-07-2013, 11:35 PM,
Hey, if you want to discuss the term "real" why don't you create a topic about it?
09-08-2013, 06:07 AM,
I don't, it just came up
09-10-2013, 10:38 AM,
(09-06-2013, 07:41 PM)Ampeva Wrote:
(09-06-2013, 10:14 AM)Ali Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 08:57 PM)Sv3rige Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 08:42 AM)Ali Wrote: i was pretty addicted to runescape 07 that i reached top 10 on the hiscores for construction, the solution for me was to give my bank away to randomers, log off and never consider going back, i get happy memories of the game at times, but i keep the thought of it being a spiritual poison to help stop me from returning.

http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore_...=23&page=2
damn just checked and im rank 31 now, wont let the temptation bring me back Wink

That's crazy Big Grin You look physically strong so I'm sure your spirit is too Wink

hehe ye well body and soul are two different things
body seems temporary

Wow, you are berserk priest for real?

nahh im AliLovesU
Know your enemy, dont believe lies
09-11-2013, 02:32 AM,
Thank god i didn't touched this RS crap.
we slip through mansions with fences full-grown.
we slip through streetlights in crooked rows.
I saw the sky split in two: one half jealous and one half cruel.

Camouflage, Camouflage by The Blood Brothers