Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For the musicians among us.
07-01-2013, 06:08 AM,
For the musicians among us.
Hello everybody!
This thread is for sharing music tabs, tunings, etc.
Everything that has to do with playing music Big Grin

To get this thread started:
Does anyone know what exact tuning The Pine plays in?
I've been tuning my guitar all day but I haven't had much succes yet.
07-01-2013, 06:13 AM,
RE: For the musicians among us.
(07-01-2013, 06:08 AM)Martijn Wrote: Hello everybody!
This thread is for sharing music tabs, tunings, etc.
Everything that has to do with playing music Big Grin

To get this thread started:
Does anyone know what exact tuning The Pine plays in?
I've been tuning my guitar all day but I haven't had much succes yet.

Hello Martijn, sorry for not really answering your question but I have a question myself which you can probably answer.

I want to play guitar and I will start when school starts again, do you have any tips for what guitar I should buy? or just any beginner tips?
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.
07-01-2013, 06:46 AM,
Sure, I'll give you some tips on what to buy.
I would recommend starting off with an nylon stringed (spanish) guitar. if you start off with an electric or steel stringed guitar might get cuts in your fingers, because you don't have any callus on your fingertips. but, of course, if you only want to play stuff with electric guitars in them, you should get an electric one anyways, as you probably don't have an infinite amount of money just laying around :d
the higher the price of the guitar, the easier it is to push the frets, thus the easier it is to learn playing. I own a €1600 Taylor guitar myself, but for starters I would recommend to buy a €80 - €300 one first, just to see if playing guitar is really something for you.

and when you're starting to play guitar:
first thing you need to learn (imo) is to tune your guitar. if you don't know how to do this it can demotivate you a lot.
you should probably start playing chords. it's the one of the best ways to train your hand, and with chords you can play almost all songs Wink
you can find a lot of tutorials and lessons on youtube. i never took guitar lessons myself.

sorry for my deficient English haha. if you have any more questions you can always pm me. (preferably in Dutch xD)
07-01-2013, 06:51 AM,
(07-01-2013, 06:46 AM)Martijn Wrote: Sure, I'll give you some tips on what to buy.
I would recommend starting off with an nylon stringed (spanish) guitar. if you start off with an electric or steel stringed guitar might get cuts in your fingers, because you don't have any callus on your fingertips. but, of course, if you only want to play stuff with electric guitars in them, you should get an electric one anyways, as you probably don't have an infinite amount of money just laying around :d
the higher the price of the guitar, the easier it is to push the frets, thus the easier it is to learn playing. I own a €1600 Taylor guitar myself, but for starters I would recommend to buy a €80 - €300 one first, just to see if playing guitar is really something for you.

and when you're starting to play guitar:
first thing you need to learn (imo) is to tune your guitar. if you don't know how to do this it can demotivate you a lot.
you should probably start playing chords. it's the one of the best ways to train your hand, and with chords you can play almost all songs Wink
you can find a lot of tutorials and lessons on youtube. i never took guitar lessons myself.

sorry for my deficient English haha. if you have any more questions you can always pm me. (preferably in Dutch xD)

Your English is fine, I'm a dutchie myself so we can always pm in Dutch if it's really that bad.

So you never had lessons? I think I will get lessons first, because my parents don't want me to just buy something because they think I'll give up (I used to give up a lot as a kid but looking back I was one spoiled brat back then.) How long did it take you to push the frets with ease? I had a test lesson and the guy told me it takes 3 months on average.

hing ik maar wat rond.
07-01-2013, 06:58 AM,
I really can't remember; i think about 1 month of dedicated (!) exercise. but it could've been more of course.
07-01-2013, 07:09 AM,
(07-01-2013, 06:58 AM)Martijn Wrote: I really can't remember; i think about 1 month of dedicated (!) exercise. but it could've been more of course.

Well, music is very important to me so i guess it will take about 1/2 months.

Thanks!

hing ik maar wat rond.
07-01-2013, 07:23 AM,
oh, and something else that works really good:
try to compete with someone. I always wanted to be better than my brother, and that motivated me so much that I spent about 8 hours a day playing the guitar (which you can do during summer holidays).
good luck and good night.
07-01-2013, 08:19 AM,
(07-01-2013, 07:23 AM)Martijn Wrote: oh, and something else that works really good:
try to compete with someone. I always wanted to be better than my brother, and that motivated me so much that I spent about 8 hours a day playing the guitar (which you can do during summer holidays).
good luck and good night.

I always blow away everyone in competitions, if i really want to, that is. Wink

Good night. Angel

hing ik maar wat rond.
07-01-2013, 05:18 PM,
(07-01-2013, 08:19 AM)Jerome Wrote: I always blow away everyone in competitions, if i really want to, that is. Wink

Good night. Angel

The first thing you want to begin with is trying to figure out how the notes/sheetmusic work. I didn't do it and that is now one of my biggest regrets. Also begin with chords and something like the blues ladder. Playing with a pick might be difficult in the beginning but it'll become easier.
-
07-01-2013, 06:14 PM,
(07-01-2013, 05:18 PM)Julian Wrote:
(07-01-2013, 08:19 AM)Jerome Wrote: I always blow away everyone in competitions, if i really want to, that is. Wink

Good night. Angel

The first thing you want to begin with is trying to figure out how the notes/sheetmusic work. I didn't do it and that is now one of my biggest regrets. Also begin with chords and something like the blues ladder. Playing with a pick might be difficult in the beginning but it'll become easier.

When i had my test lesson for guitar, he explained me everything. I think i forgot it now but it was pretty easy..

hing ik maar wat rond.