Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History is a joke
09-05-2013, 08:33 PM,
History is a joke
History is a joke.
If humans were at the very start really more natural back then, why did they suddenly desire unnatural things? Were they already unhappy? If that really was the case then they shouldn't have existed in the first place because they are part of nature and of course then they should be happy with natural things. What do you believe?
09-05-2013, 08:57 PM,
RE: History is a joke
They suddenly desired unnatural things because the unnatural things came about very suddenly I guess. Technology has very rapidly advanced, and is still advancing.

Most the time "unnatural" things appear to be useful or desirable too. And I guess as long as these unnatural things are going to be around, people won't be happy with nature.

I assume that by unnatural things, you mostly mean technology and so on
Hope this makes sense!
09-05-2013, 09:17 PM,
Like Dave said. Think about how different things probably were a 100 years ago and then think another 100 years ago was it that much different?
The major changes seem to be happening now. Especially since 9/11 the technology rise-up has been insane.
It all depends on where and how somebody grows up because we adapt to everything but it doesn't mean that deep down we like it. It may just mean that we accept to be miserable because we don't know anything else.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
09-05-2013, 11:49 PM,
I don't only mean technology. I'm talking about everything that was and still is unnatural. It all had a start and I believe that technology was created because humanity became unhappy about something. Maturity is another thing that is probably a very old unnatural feeling. I somehow believe that without those unnatural feelings, technology wouldn't have been created in the first place.
09-06-2013, 01:13 AM,
Technology is useful, it just needs to be used in the right way. Getting hot water out of the tap without putting a bowl on a fire is nice.
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.
09-06-2013, 12:25 PM,
It's because we're so intelligent. It's the only thing that keeps us from being eaten by other animals.
We made spears and knives from stone which allowed us to not be limited by the measly power of our bodies.
We discovered fire which allowed us to eat more efficiently.
We identified other animals' behaviour and designed shelter that kept us safe.
All the time our brains were growing.
We invented language, computers, the internet, books, which allows our mind to be extended.
It's ironic that the same intelligence that allowed us to prosper has become the intelligence that now allows us to destroy the earth and ourselves.
How strange it is to be anything at all
09-06-2013, 05:35 PM,
^ I like this guy, he pretty much thinks the same as I do Smile

anyways, I think that it was until later that people started to find things unnatural. But I see enough happy people around me anyways.
09-06-2013, 08:36 PM,
(09-06-2013, 05:35 PM)Martijn Wrote: ^ I like this guy, he pretty much thinks the same as I do Smile

anyways, I think that it was until later that people started to find things unnatural. But I see enough happy people around me anyways.

It seems like I have to point out the obvious. You're both from what I can tell the most brainwashed people on this forum so obviously you will think like the majority. Just in case it wasn't clear to you.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
09-07-2013, 12:55 AM,
I'm "brainwashed", eh?
It seems you throw this term at people alot, as soon as you realise that:
a) they won't agree with you
b) your debate has failed/you have no justification for your views
What basis do you have to call me brainwashed? Since I was a child I've hated TV, news, pop culture, and have been heavily introverted.
Calling someone "brainwashed" is self-righteous and overall, a COP-OUT Smile
How strange it is to be anything at all
09-07-2013, 02:22 AM,
(09-07-2013, 12:55 AM)Matthew Cassinelli Wrote: I'm "brainwashed", eh?
It seems you throw this term at people alot, as soon as you realise that:
a) they won't agree with you
b) your debate has failed/you have no justification for your views
What basis do you have to call me brainwashed? Since I was a child I've hated TV, news, pop culture, and have been heavily introverted.
Calling someone "brainwashed" is self-righteous and overall, a COP-OUT Smile
It's just the way you think.
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.