Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skateboarding
09-06-2013, 01:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013, 01:14 AM by Dave.)
Skateboarding
Bit of a different one here, I'm a skateboarder, and I consider it an art. Most people see it as a sport but it's not because there's no competition (except for these big ones that have been made now)

It allows expression and freedom (skating aggressively, or chilled etc), anything you see in the street can be used to skate/do tricks on.

It's a shame that a lot of people see it as an anti-social activity

I'm thinking of uploading some photos of me and some other guys skating, if anyone wants to see them! Big Grin

Here's a little edit the bassist of my band put together, nearly all the clips are from our hometown, Worthing
I'm not in it though!

If there are any others skaters on the forum, or anyone who's interested, we should talk Tongue
09-06-2013, 03:45 AM,
RE: Skateboarding
I wanted to learn it when I was about 13 but the skateboard I got was really long and I couldn't do much on it so I gave up pretty fast. There's a skatepark in my old town in Latvia where I went to sometimes just to watch people skate. Nowadays with all of those redbull teams I don't even care to look it up because it seems fake. Skateboarders have always seemed like nice people to me from my experiences.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
09-06-2013, 07:23 AM,
I can understand why someone would like skateboarding, although I've never done it myself.

I have a bad image pertaining to skateboarders, generally. I think they're rude, very apathetic, and just plain showoffs. I don't mean to be biased, but I'm referring to experience. I'm not sure if that's the worldwide attitude, but that's how it was in Hackensack, NJ. I haven't met a skater who listens to punk, but I would assume they aren't these kind of things.

Never heard of it being an anti-social activity. I believe it's very social.
09-06-2013, 08:17 AM,
Sv3rige:
It took me about 6 months to learn how to Ollie, it definitely takes patience and persistence, but it's so worth it! I know what you mean about it seeming fake too, but it doesnt take away from the incredible skills of the pros.

Vote4cake:
I think the skateboarding culture is very different in different places, the vast majority of the skateboarders i know listen to punk and old school hardcore! In England it's vastly different to other places.
And yeah, its social in the context you're talking about, but I meant anti-social as in rebellious against authority. That's how most people tend to see it.
09-06-2013, 01:33 PM,
i used to love skateboarding two years ago, havent skated for a year now. i used to be able to fakie hardflip 1/10 attempts, my kickflips were solid but i mainly skated mini halfpipes doing blunt to rock fakies etc.
i also broke my nose whilst skating :p flipped a varial kickflip, landed one foot on the tail the other on the floor, then the board popped up and smacked my face, left a long blood trail on the halfpipe Smile
Know your enemy, dont believe lies
09-06-2013, 06:23 PM,
I've always wanted to learn it. I tried.. but I'm so woody, I fall a lot.
09-06-2013, 06:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013, 06:37 PM by Sv3rige.)
That's the thing about skateboarding and many of those extreme sports. Although not that many people die from doing it, it many times seems like it's there so the Illuminati can laugh at how far humans will go with these things because many times it's just done to impress others and not for onself. Especially when it comes to these redbull competitions seeing as that's just another Illuminati company. Why promote it? There was one of those things in my old town (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6uKs6BBv2w) and one Latvian teen bmxer died but of course nothing is mentioned in the video.

Also remember that it's all done on pavement and so, only really works in the system.

Now I remembered about this short film I saw, you should like it.

You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
09-06-2013, 11:24 PM,
(09-06-2013, 08:17 AM)Dave Wrote: Vote4cake:
I think the skateboarding culture is very different in different places, the vast majority of the skateboarders i know listen to punk and old school hardcore! In England it's vastly different to other places.
And yeah, its social in the context you're talking about, but I meant anti-social as in rebellious against authority. That's how most people tend to see it.

The skateboarders in Hackensack, NJ listens to whatever was popular. From something like weed-promoter Wiz Khalifa, Drake, to Killswitch Engage and some scenester non-sense. You can see why they're what I said about them earlier. Hope 4 different cultures
Oh, yeah. Some people see it that way, particularly the middle-aged that still work from 9 AM to 5 PM, I assume. Some skateboarders believe in Anarchy, but of course, that's something entirely different from the activity.
09-07-2013, 08:41 AM,
(09-06-2013, 06:35 PM)Sv3rige Wrote: Now I remembered about this short film I saw, you should like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cj_rFpWuwU
7:08, rofl Big Grin
10-19-2013, 03:03 PM,
That video was edited really good! Yea man, I used to be really really into skating when I was younger.. but then I got sucked into runescapeland lmao. I still skate a little bit, but I am not that good and I live in a small town so not much to skate on. But I would definately like to see more footy of you