Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams
07-29-2016, 09:31 AM,
RE: Dreams
Anyone ever tried lucid dreaming? I've only had them by coincidence so far and man it feels so ridiculously realistic.
Too bad I can only do it for a few seconds before waking up. I would really like to control them but have no idea how.
-
07-29-2016, 11:35 AM,
(07-29-2016, 09:31 AM)Julian Wrote: Anyone ever tried lucid dreaming? I've only had them by coincidence so far and man it feels so ridiculously realistic.
Too bad I can only do it for a few seconds before waking up. I would really like to control them but have no idea how.

Funny thing is I haven't had a lucid dream at all since more than 2 years ago I believe around the time this thread started.
I haven't experienced much lucid dreaming myself. However, in order prevent waking up in your dream, this is what I know—
  1. You must be a relaxed type of person; can't be in a stressed or worrisome mindset.
  2. You are not expecting to wake up at a specific time to do something in real life (i.e. work, school); must be on your day off.
  3. Most importantly, do not get excited when you realize you are in a dream. Remember #1—be relaxed.
Every time I have been in the wrong mindset or circumstance, I know I won't stay dreamin'.

If you want to get serious about lucid dreaming, get a dream book and write down everything you remember. Personally, I haven't got as serious as to write down my dreams though, but it will without a doubt help.

There's a guy on YouTube I haven't watched in 4 years now, but this conversation right now reminds me of watching his videos. Took me a while to rediscover the name, but his name is GizEdwards. I LOVED that guy. Very entertaining stuff on lucid dreaming.
This is one of his videos, and I think it will be helpful to all of you lucid dreamers—

07-29-2016, 08:19 PM,
Have any of you dreamed something and then maybe a week or even months later you experience this dream like you've seen into the future? It's really weird I can't explain it much better.
Express yourself no matter what anyone believes.

Also known as Fishy76
07-29-2016, 08:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2016, 08:49 PM by vafode.)
Dreams are you processing the perceptions you have gathered during the time you are awake. There is no meaning behind them but there are typical patterns for different experiences. Someone who is enthusiastic about dreams will quickly become good at interpreting them. Therefore it is possible to predict the future based on dreams, but there is no magic behind that.
(at least no high level magic)
07-30-2016, 04:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2016, 04:44 AM by Sv3rige.)
(07-29-2016, 08:19 PM)Fredrik Wrote: Have any of you dreamed something and then maybe a week or even months later you experience this dream like you've seen into the future? It's really weird I can't explain it much better.

A lot. Especially when I sungazed often.
Many things are predestined and your soul (the player of your body) knows this and when you dream you can see these things happen beforehand. That's what a Deja Vu is.
You are your own future, you write your own book,
you choose the colors of your world, you choose the patterns of your words,
the past you can't erase so live for today.
After Words - Looking Back
07-30-2016, 06:50 AM,
(07-29-2016, 11:35 AM)Vote4cake Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 09:31 AM)Julian Wrote: Anyone ever tried lucid dreaming? I've only had them by coincidence so far and man it feels so ridiculously realistic.

Funny thing is I haven't had a lucid dream at all since more than 2 years ago I believe around the time this thread started.
I haven't experienced much lucid dreaming myself. However, in order prevent waking up in your dream, this is what I know—
  1. You must be a relaxed type of person; can't be in a stressed or worrisome mindset.
  2. You are not expecting to wake up at a specific time to do something in real life (i.e. work, school); must be on your day off.
  3. Most importantly, do not get excited when you realize you are in a dream. Remember #1—be relaxed.
Every time I have been in the wrong mindset or circumstance, I know I won't stay dreamin'.

If you want to get serious about lucid dreaming, get a dream book and write down everything you remember. Personally, I haven't got as serious as to write down my dreams though, but it will without a doubt help.

There's a guy on YouTube I haven't watched in 4 years now, but this conversation right now reminds me of watching his videos. Took me a while to rediscover the name, but his name is GizEdwards. I LOVED that guy. Very entertaining stuff on lucid dreaming.
This is one of his videos, and I think it will be helpful to all of you lucid dreamers—

Thanks for the video, I'll follow what he says. Also an interesting thing is that I began lucid dreaming after using serotonergic drugs which is a common thing (serotonin has been linked to sleep/wake cycles).

So far I have 4 lucid dreams I can remember (also in order):

1. I flew around some buildings then was chased and shot. Sounds scarier than it was though.
2. I was walking through my street, then attacked by a pit-bull dog
3. I was trying to sleep and then I "woke" up. I saw my my own room (was lying on my back) and couldn't move anything, breathing was hard. Then I felt there was an entity (looked like a woman with long black hair covering her face) next to my bed. I tried to move my right arm and then accidentally grabbed the wrist of her. I can't exactly remember what happened after but the entity screamed and grabbed my neck. I woke up in fear and curled up almost crying. This event took around 30 seconds and was definitely the most frightening experience I've had. Pretty sure it was sleep paralysis . After this event I completely stopped sleeping on my back.
4. Stepped out of my front door, did a reality check so I knew if I was dreaming or not. I could even feel the difference in temperature outside. I flew 30 meters above my house, "tripped", lost focus and woke up.

I would really like to get into lucid dreaming but the sleep paralysis dream caused me a trauma.
-
10-28-2016, 06:59 AM,
(08-15-2013, 07:22 PM)Jerome Wrote: I'm 15 and I'm pretty sure I experienced that feeling myself. Maybe I should write a big story about it.

Your not a queer for saying stuff like this, well, atleast not on this forum Wink

i think it's extremely sad to divide random people into certain groups just for what they feel.
we slip through mansions with fences full-grown.
we slip through streetlights in crooked rows.
I saw the sky split in two: one half jealous and one half cruel.

Camouflage, Camouflage by The Blood Brothers
11-08-2016, 04:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016, 04:24 PM by end.)
I dreamt that I did a bunch of creative stuff with some blankets or some shit. Like draw patterns and something. This was after some more dreamy stuff happening, like reality was made of legos and I was going up and down a tower and ppl were messing with the floors so they had holes in them, but then it became more real and I ended up with patterns on blankets lol. Then I woke up (actually still dreaming) and the lights didn't work. Not sure what happened then. Then I woke up again (yep, still dreaming) and I went to my brother's room (not sure how many times this happened) but no lights anywhere seemed to work and he didn't seem to wake up so I carried him to our father, and then he seemed to wake up. I told them I was mentally ill but they said the spirits that haunt me are real (I thought they were just monsters) and that my uncle has seen them, and he even said the name of one (female, probably coloured blue somehow).

Finally I woke up for real in the building I'm actually in, lol. Things that keep returning in my dreams are these spirits/monsters haunting me in the night when the lights don't work. I always know it's them even if I don't see them at all. I'm writing this right after waking up so I still remember some of it.

btw I often see written that flying is a common thing in dreams, but I literally never fly in my dreams, I'm always walking.