Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death & Rememberance
10-01-2013, 05:01 AM,
Death & Rememberance
So, my dad died around 3-4 weeks ago.

At first I was pretty upset but I haven't cried once. Crying is a very natural thing but I just haven't.
I don't necessarily feel upset about it, and it almost seems like the memories of him are "slipping away"

I loved him very much and we were very close. Which makes me think that this is not normal. Has anyone else lost a very close relative? And also if you have, has your memory of him/her become stronger or faded away a bit?

Would be nice to hear some different experiences.
10-01-2013, 05:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 05:34 AM by Little Funny Boy.)
RE: Death & Rememberance
It's mostly a very tragic moment when someone you feel attached to dies. Sometimes some just sit there and have an aimless drowsy stare and feel completely empty. I would recommend talking with them if they have nothing against it.
10-01-2013, 05:34 AM,
(10-01-2013, 05:32 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: It's a very tragic moment when someone you feel attached to dies. Sometimes some just sit there and have an aimless drowsy stare and feel completely empty. I would recommend talking with them if they have nothing against it.

That was how I felt for the whole day where I found out, sometimes I get like that still too. And who are you saying I should talk to?
10-01-2013, 05:39 AM,
(10-01-2013, 05:34 AM)Dave Wrote: That was how I felt for the whole day where I found out, sometimes I get like that still too. And who are you saying I should talk to?

Someone that would actually want to talk with you about this and stay serious. Maybe a family member or a close friend.
10-01-2013, 05:40 AM,
In 2007/2008 a cousin of me died.

I had only seen him two times before as he lived in america and I live in the netherlands, so (not a very close relative) i didn't really know him wel; he was also alot older than me.
I didn't know how to handle it, and was upset about it in a way. I remember that I cried a few times during that period.

A few months back I stumbled upon a calendar my aunt made at that time, with photos Ben (my cousin) had made. Apparently he loved being in nature and he was a passionate photographer.
I do sometimes feel sad now because he seemed like a really cool guy.
10-01-2013, 05:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 05:44 AM by Dave.)
(10-01-2013, 05:39 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: Someone that would actually want to talk with you about this and stay serious. Maybe a family member or a close friend.

I thought you meant that, I haven't really done so, I probably will some time soon. Thanks

(10-01-2013, 05:40 AM)Ampeva Wrote: In 2007/2008 a cousin of me died.

I had only seen him two times before as he lived in america and I live in the netherlands, so (not a very close relative) i didn't really know him wel; he was also alot older than me.
I didn't know how to handle it, and was upset about it in a way. I remember that I cried a few times during that period.

A few months back I stumbled upon a calendar my aunt made at that time, with photos Ben (my cousin) had made. Apparently he loved being in nature and he was a passionate photographer.
I do sometimes feel sad now because he seemed like a really cool guy.

Ahh there's something about family that even if you didn't know them that well, you still have that emotional attachment to them because they're family. At least his life was lived well!
10-01-2013, 05:51 AM,
I was pretty young when my grandfather and grandmother died (we were not close), that didn't affect me in any way.

My other grandfather is probably going to die soon (not close) but I don't care.

I feel like no one is close to me, thinking about someone dying doesn't make me feel any different. Death is just part of life.
Time to realize that the truth is not so clear!!!
Iconoclast - Silence
10-01-2013, 05:55 AM,
(10-01-2013, 05:51 AM)Gray Morning Wrote: I was pretty young when my grandfather and grandmother died (we were not close), that didn't affect me in any way.

My other grandfather is probably going to die soon (not close) but I don't care.

I feel like no one is close to me, thinking about someone dying doesn't make me feel any different. Death is just part of life.

I understand where you're coming from, people think I'm "holding it together" but I just don't react that bad to death. And as you said, death is a part of life, there no escaping it
10-02-2013, 12:44 AM,
You're not sad because your father is still there, the connection you had with him too. His physical form is just not there, which isn't that bad because humans are 25% body and 75% spirit. Sorry for your loss.
Aan de oevers van de tijd,

hing ik maar wat rond.
10-02-2013, 06:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 06:15 PM by Cole.)
I'm sorry for your loss. My grandmother passed away early this year and at first, I was just like you. I was hardly upset and I didn't cry. It wasn't until about a month later when I started to cry and actually feel affected by it. I saw a birthday card she had sent me from about a year ago and a little note she wrote in it and that made me cry a lot.