Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jazz
10-25-2013, 01:08 PM,
Jazz
I really enjoy jazz, it contains a certain beauty that is very relaxing.

Kurt Elling is a very good vocal jazz artist:

Roy Hargrove is more instrumental, he plays the trumpet:

Smoke durries, eat curries.
10-25-2013, 05:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 07:27 PM by Tom.)
RE: Jazz
Roy Hargrove is great!!!

I listen to Charles Mingus a lot, he's pretty solid

Then there's one of my favourites, Bohren & Der Club of Gore, they have a heavy jazz influence but also ambient, dark, noir elements which is just too good!

I want more jazz!
10-25-2013, 10:16 PM,
Watching Tom and Jerry as a kid got me interested in Jazz music, mostly because it was used so frequently throughout the shows. I sometimes listen to some slow jazz mixes on YouTube.

10-26-2013, 04:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 04:27 PM by Wiztard.)
(10-25-2013, 05:47 PM)Tom Wrote: Then there's one of my favourites, Bohren & Der Club of Gore, they have a heavy jazz influence but also ambient, dark, noir elements which is just too good!

That was great, defiantly going to check out more of their stuff.

A night in Tunisia is a rather well known jazz standard:

Lambert Hendricks and Ross are good for practicing singing, more swing jazz then instrumental however Smile

10-26-2013, 11:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 11:19 PM by Tom.)
(10-26-2013, 04:26 PM)Wiztard Wrote:
(10-25-2013, 05:47 PM)Tom Wrote: Then there's one of my favourites, Bohren & Der Club of Gore, they have a heavy jazz influence but also ambient, dark, noir elements which is just too good!

Yeah I managed to get their entire discography from that Russian torrent site... Let's just say I haven't regretted downloading it, I play it almost none stop.

Just checked out the other songs that have been posted in this thread, oh I'm liking this thread a whole lot!

Saw these guys live a month or two back, really nice young guys, they were so appreciative about being able to play music and tour, could tell they genuinely loved it. They put on one of the best live performances I've ever seen and I've watched a pretty insane amount of artists.
I don't really know how to describe them.. they cover a lot of mainstream "hip hop" and "rap"/pop artists... Put their own jazz twist on it and pretty often it just comes out so damn perfect... A million times better than the original song!

10-27-2013, 02:24 AM,
(10-26-2013, 11:00 PM)Tom Wrote:
(10-26-2013, 04:26 PM)Wiztard Wrote:

Saw these guys live a month or two back, really nice young guys, they were so appreciative about being able to play music and tour, could tell they genuinely loved it. They put on one of the best live performances I've ever seen and I've watched a pretty insane amount of artists.
I don't really know how to describe them.. they cover a lot of mainstream "hip hop" and "rap"/pop artists... Put their own jazz twist on it and pretty often it just comes out so damn perfect... A million times better than the original song!

That was really chilled out, might check out some more.
11-17-2013, 11:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 11:41 PM by Tom.)
Walked into a record store today and this was playing, figured you guys might like it too!