Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anti-Social (Updated)
10-28-2013, 12:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-19-2013, 10:25 PM by Little Funny Boy.)
Anti-Social (Updated)
My Notes:
Did you ever try out listening to 432 Hz music? I've added a more exact version of how to do the conversion from 440hz to 432hz. This was a stupid mistake of mine and I apologize for any inconvience. Sorry to anyone who experienced anything bad in the time before. I pasted the convertion on the top and below, incase anyone could miss out.

Convertion
Convert from 440hz to 432hz like this in Audacity:

Go to effect/change pitch. Put 0.32 semitones for semitones, try to convert to 432 Hz and place in as pitch Pitch A.

Sources:
- http://soundcloud.com/groups/432-hz-music
- http://www.zengardner.com/440hz-music-co...harmonics/ (site has been blacklisted by Google Safe Browsing, even if no malware was identified by other virus scanning sites)
- http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
- Source for convertion: http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-440-to-4...fore-after

[Image: 432hz_n.jpg]

A Quote:
Quote taken from: http://www.zengardner.com/440hz-music-co...harmonics/

“This unnatural standard tuning frequency (440 Hz), removed from the symmetry of sacred vibrations and overtones, has declared war on the subconscious mind of Western Man.” -L. C. Vincent

Most music worldwide has been tuned to 440 hertz since the International Standards Organization (ISO) endorsed it in 1953. The recent rediscoveries of the vibratory / oscillatory nature of the universe indicate that this contemporary international concert pitch standard may generate an unhealthy effect or anti-social behavior in the consciousness of human beings.

A=432 Hz, known as Verdi’s ‘A’ is an alternative tuning that is mathematically consistent with the universe. Music based on 432 Hz transmits beneficial healing energy, because it is a pure tone of math fundamental to nature.

There is a theory that the change from 432 Hz to 440 Hz was dictated by Nazi propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels. He used it to make people think and feel a certain manner, and to make them a prisoner of a certain consciousness. Then around 1940 the United States introduced 440 Hz worldwide, and finally in 1953 it became the ISO 16-standard.

What is 440 Hz?

440 Hz is the unnatural standard tuning frequency, removed from the symmetry of sacred vibrations and overtones that has declared war on the subconscious mind of Western Man.

"In a paper entitled ‘Musical Cult Control’, Dr. Leonard Horowitz writes: “The music industry features this imposed frequency that is ‘herding’ populations into greater aggression, psycho social agitation, and emotional distress predisposing people to physical illness.”

You just have to go out in the street and take a look around. What do you see? School kids, young adults on their way to work, a woman pushing her baby in a pram, a man walking his dog – and what do they all have in common? iPods or MP3 Players! Ingenious, isn’t it?

“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” -Nikola Tesla

The powers that be are successfully lowering the vibrations of not only the young generation but the rest of us as well. These destructive frequencies entrain the thoughts towards disruption, disharmony and disunity. Additionally, they also stimulate the controlling organ of the body – the brain – into disharmonious resonance, which ultimately creates disease and war."

Watch this if you haven't already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCV6EHA9wA

And use Audacity to tune your music to 432 Hz.

Other samples are here to find: http://soundcloud.com/groups/432-hz-music

Convertion
Convert from 440hz to 432hz like this in Audacity:

Go to effect/change pitch. Put 0.32 semitones for semitones, try to convert to 432 Hz and place in as pitch Pitch A.
10-28-2013, 08:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 05:58 AM by Illuzionistati.)
RE: Anti-Social
thank you for this, you changed my life :-) (sarcasm)
10-28-2013, 10:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013, 10:41 AM by Little Funny Boy.)
You're welcome. :) I added instructions how to change the frequency.
10-28-2013, 11:18 PM,
Been listening to songs in 432hz for a couple of hours now. It's nice.
10-29-2013, 07:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 08:00 AM by Matthew Cassinelli.)
I've heard this conspiracy theory TOO many times. Why do people still buy into this mumbo jumbo?

I've observed on this forum that some of you automatically believe anything which allows you to have 'superior knowledge' over the mainstream. I hope this post will inspire you to investigate and second-think things from now on.

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: [Image: 432hz_n.jpg]

This effect depends on the size of the container and amount of water. The amount of water in that specific container has been designed to vibrate harmoniously with 432 Hz. If you made the container or water slightly larger it would vibrate consonantly at 440 Hz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJAgrUBF4w

In this video, the plate has its first pure vibration at 345 Hz. Does that mean that 345 Hz is "sacred"? No, it just means that that plate has a mechanical frequency of 345 Hz. And if they played that frequency loud enough, the plate would smash. (Just like when the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapsed in 1940 because the frequency of the wind matched the mechanical resonance of the bridge).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_resonance

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: “This unnatural standard tuning frequency (440 Hz), removed from the symmetry of sacred vibrations and overtones, has declared war on the subconscious mind of Western Man.” -L. C. Vincent

L.C. Vincent is a con artist that has been leeching off people who love nature.

How did having a Concert Pitch of 440 "remove" sacred vibrations and overtones? It wasn't 432 before it became 440. Throughout history, loads of different Concert Pitches have been used - in the past A could be anything from 420Hz to 450Hz and still some variants outside those two extremes. He is probably confusing the introduction of Equal Temperament with the introduction of a new Concert Pitch. Switching between Pythagorean and equi-tempered scale is sometimes confused with switching Concert Pitch and this seems to be the basis of the whole conspiracy theory!

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: Most music worldwide has been tuned to 440 hertz since the International Standards Organization (ISO) endorsed it in 1953. The recent rediscoveries of the vibratory / oscillatory nature of the universe indicate that this contemporary international concert pitch standard may generate an unhealthy effect or anti-social behavior in the consciousness of human beings.

Rediscoveries? Where? What is he on about?
Where is the evidence that a certain Concert Pitch generates an unhealthy effect? This is speculation.

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: A=432 Hz, known as Verdi’s ‘A’ is an alternative tuning that is mathematically consistent with the universe. Music based on 432 Hz transmits beneficial healing energy, because it is a pure tone of math fundamental to nature.

This guy is speaking as if pure sine waves magically appear in the forest. There is no such thing as "mathematically consistent with the universe".
This also makes the assumption that every piece of music is based on the key of A. And furthermore it makes a Naturalistic logical fallacy (things are good because they are natural).

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: There is a theory that the change from 432 Hz to 440 Hz was dictated by Nazi propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels.

And this theory has no evidence behind it. It's speculation. Many musicians pushed for 440 Hz and if Nazis affected society around the same time 440 Hz was introduced (which they didn't), then that implies only correlation, not causation. Nazism is only remotely related to the introduction of A=440, we can really see Godwin's law in effect here lol.

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: Then around 1940 the United States introduced 440 Hz worldwide, and finally in 1953 it became the ISO 16-standard.

And if 426=A became the standard, then there would be a conspiracy theory that: "426=A causes people to be anti social". And if 448=A became the standard, then there would be a conspiracy theory that 448 was created to harm society. And so on. There are conspiracy theories for almost everything. You must look at the evidence behind them and analyse them critically.

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: What is 440 Hz?

440 Hz is the unnatural standard tuning frequency, removed from the symmetry of sacred vibrations and overtones that has declared war on the subconscious mind of Western Man.

No, 440 hz is one of the many frequencies that we have designated as concert pitch throughout the centuries. If you call it unnatural then you must also call 432 Hz unnatural because it is man made. Every frequency is. As I said, sine waves at 432 Hz don't magically occur in the universe. There is nothing special about 432 Hz. Concert pitch was only 432 Hz for a short while anyway.

Maybe he has confused Pythagorean temperament with the concert pitch that Pythagoreans happened to use at that time (432 Hz)

Let's make this clear:
There is a clear difference between temperament (also called tuning), and Concert Pitch.

Concert Pitch is the frequency that A starts on. Today in western culture it is mostly A=440, but sometimes in performances of Bach etc, they will use the Concert Pitch of that particular time for authenticity (the Baroque concert pitch was A=415 Hz).

Temperament is the relationship between notes. Today we use Equal Temperament, which means that the distance from each note to the next is exactly the same. There are other popular temperaments:
>Pythagorean (derived from mathematics, however if you modulated to a new key there would be wolf intervals and other problems)
>Meantone (enabled keyboard instruments to play in five or six closely related keys)
>Just intonation (derived from the harmonic series) (my favourite)

Pythagoreans quickly abandoned their temperament (and religion) when they discovered that it was not, infact, based on nature.

I can fully understand an argument that the introduction of equal temperament harmed music because it allows for less emotional expression since every relationship is now the same. Back in Chopin's time they had Just Temperament which means that if you wrote in the key of Eb Major, for instance, the major third interval between the Eb and G was slightly larger (more major) than in other keys, so you could choose certain keys for certain emotional effects. Nowadays it doesn't matter since they are all the same.

I can't understand the argument that this would cause disruption in society unless evidence is provided, and I definitely can't understand the argument that one change in Concert Pitch disrupted society

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: "In a paper entitled ‘Musical Cult Control’, Dr. Leonard Horowitz writes: “The music industry features this imposed frequency that is ‘herding’ populations into greater aggression, psycho social agitation, and emotional distress predisposing people to physical illness.”

Does he provide evidence for this claim? Society hasn't gotten particularly violent since the introduction of MP3 Players. Violence, agitation, and distress have been around for a long time.

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: You just have to go out in the street and take a look around. What do you see? School kids, young adults on their way to work, a woman pushing her baby in a pram, a man walking his dog – and what do they all have in common? iPods or MP3 Players! Ingenious, isn’t it?

Here is my rendition:

You just have to go out in the street and take a look around. What do you see? School kids, young adults on their way to work, a woman pushing her baby in a pram, a man walking his dog – and what do they all have in common? Shoes or other footwear! Ingenious, isn’t it?

You cannot conclude that X (A=440) causes Y (violence) just by them both being present at the same time. If you could do that, then my above statement would be true. All you can conclude is correlation.
The price of oil is rising at the same time that pirate ships are becoming less common. Does that mean that the lack of pirate ships causes a rise in oil prices? No.

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: “If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” -Nikola Tesla

If Nikola Tesla were here to see this conspiracy theory, he would laugh at it. What Nikola Tesla means in this quote is that everything has energy, frequency, and vibration acting behind it. Infact he would likely sat that everything is energy, and energy is vibration. The quote in no way supports the conclusion that a specific concert pitch is sacred.

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: Watch this if you haven't already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCV6EHA9wA

This video makes a confusion between Concert Pitch and modes. They are completely different things. Of course different modes change peoples' mood: music in a Minor key sometimes makes people sad (Aeolian mode), and music in a Major key can lift peoples' emotions (Ionian mode).
Concert Pitch has nothing to do with this though.
You can have, for instance, the Dorian mode in Concert Pitch A=432, A=164, A=87129. They are separate things.
When plato spoke of modes affecting peoples' emotions, he was right.
It is reported that a couple were arguing, and then Plato asked the lute player to change his mode from B-B (forgot the name of this mode) to the Dorian mode. And then the couple stopped arguing and made up Smile (so cute)
He never spoke of Concert Pitch, infact they didn't have the technology to even measure pitch or Hz back then.

This video was originally from here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8AQazyqzU
And in the comment section you can see musicians' responses to it. It's interesting to note that these type of conspiracy videos rarely have negative feedback because of the fanbase that views them.

(10-28-2013, 12:00 AM)Little Funny Boy Wrote: And use Audacity to tune your music to 432 Hz.

Instructions for changing the frequency in audacity:
How to do a 440Hz to 432Hz convertion using Audacity (free software)

You can download Audacity over here
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Step 1: open Audacity and open the track within Audacity

Step 2: use ctrl + a (select all) (I didn't need this for my Mac)

Step 3: go to effect/change pitch and input these settings, Pitch from F
down to A, semitones (half steps) 0.31, Frequenty (Hz) from 440 to 432,186
giving you a percent change of -1.776

These settings came out as closest possible after testing the results with a
432Hz tuning device, if you set it to 432 without the 186 or change the semi
tones result's will be more off aldow your pc tells you otherwise. The only
real way of checking this is a tuning device or even better just work in 432Hz from the beginning.

You are actually drastically reducing the quality of the music.
Resampling would need to be rendered.
When you change Concert Pitch from 440 to 432, you already have the assumption in your head that it will sound better. You are already looking for a better feeling. What you are experiencing, by finding 432 more enjoyable, is confirmation bias and placebo effect.

You might argue that 432 is a 'special number' because it divides by 3 to eventually produce 16, or something along those lines, but the fact is that Hz is an arbitrary unit of measurement. We created it. 432Hz (cycles per second) is 25920 cycles per minute or 1775 cycles per Kāṣṭhās (ancient indian time unit). Yet none of these are mathematically special.

In conclusion, there is a lot of disinformation, false claims, sellers of "healing divine sounds" etc waiting to prey on gullible people that don't care about evidence or critical thinking. The whole basis of this argument is on Concert Pitch and Temperament being related, which they are not. Temperament is the spacing of notes relative to each other, while moving the Concert Pitch would move all notes by the same amount, thus having no emotional or psychological effect (unless evidence has been provided otherwise, which it hasn't).

Please, reflect and think a bit more. Think to yourself "can this really be true?". And keep track of whether you might be falling prey to confirmation bias.

For anyone reading this, have a good day, and good luck in life Smile
How strange it is to be anything at all
10-29-2013, 10:27 AM,
While you're at arguing. Why don't you try it out yourself? Maybe it could help you.
10-29-2013, 10:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 12:51 PM by Matthew Cassinelli.)
I have tried it out, along with other concert pitches and other temperaments. I feel no difference in the emotional qualities between different concert pitches but I can definitely feel a difference between temperaments. Meantone or modified meantone are the most expressive in my opinion.
How strange it is to be anything at all
10-29-2013, 01:40 PM,
(10-29-2013, 10:38 AM)Matthew Cassinelli Wrote: I have tried it out, along with other concert pitches and other temperaments. I feel no difference in the emotional qualities between different concert pitches but I can definitely feel a difference between temperaments. Meantone or modified meantone are the most expressive in my opinion.

Maybe you just need to take yourself some time and listen to it for a while. For someone who is fairely new to listening to music (I don't know if you are) you might need a while to notice a change.
10-29-2013, 06:24 PM,
(10-29-2013, 07:33 AM)Matthew Cassinelli Wrote: I've observed on this forum that some of you automatically believe anything which allows you to have 'superior knowledge' over the mainstream.
It's not believing it it's about looking into it with an open-mind.
10-29-2013, 06:40 PM,
(10-29-2013, 06:24 PM)Menno Wrote: It's not believing it it's about looking into it with an open-mind.

You say it Menno. :)